Best bands of all the time
Like today, dresses in the 60’s varied. Though a straight dress with a short hemline was the most popular, there were quite a bit of dresses that flared out like in picture 3.
Max Factor 1968
Jackie Kennedy had a huge influence on 60’s fashion. As the First Lady, she had all eyes on her, which turned her into a fashion icon. She wore and popularized many of the styles back then, such as structured pieces and the pillbox hat. Today Jackie still remains a top fashion icon and inspiration.
Late 50’s to early 70’s fashion
I put together a quick list of modern makeup that emulates the 60’s makeup look. (From top to bottom)
1) Eyes on the 60’s Eyeshadow Palette - BH Cosmetics - $9.95 (on sale) http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/eyes/eyes-on-the-60s
2) Maybelline Eyestudio Color Explosion in Blue Blowout - $7.64 (price depending on store) http://www.beautygala.com/brands/lookbook-maybelline-eyestudio-color-explosion-eyeshadow-palette-%E2%80%9Cblue-blowout%E2%80%9D-photographs-swatches/ http://www.amazon.com/Maybelline-Explosion-Luminizing-Eyeshadow-Blowout/dp/B004Y9JQ6C
3) Bareminerals Blush - Vintage Poppy - $19 http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-blush-P61009?SKUID=1195700&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1195700&om_mmc=ppc-gg-pla
4) NYX Powder Blush - Peach (B06) - $5 http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-24-powder-blush.aspx
5) Maybelline Great Lash Mascara- comes in six colors - $6.40 http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Eye-Makeup/Mascara/great-lash-washable-mascara.aspx
6) Diorshow Iconic Mascara - comes in three colors- $28.50 http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-iconic-mascara-P218791
7) Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss- 06 Shimmery Fresh Peach - $14 http://www.sephora.com/ultra-shine-lip-gloss-P266811?SKUID=1254937&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1254937&om_mmc=ppc-gg-pla
8) Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - 205 Nearly There- $7.49 http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-Makeup/Lip-Color/color-sensational-lipcolor.aspx
These are just a few items a found online that I thought fit the beauty look of the 1960’s. I’ve tried both of the mascaras. The Maybelline Great Lashes one is absolutely perfect for the 60’s look. It definitely lengthens lashes to a mod girl standard. The Diorshow Iconic doesn’t lengthen lashes as much as Great Lashes does, but it lengthens and curls lashes perfectly. This is more of an everyday mascara, while GL replicates the 60s look. Even though it’s a splurge, I personally love the Diorshow. However for an obvious sixties look, GL is the best. I’ve also tried the Color Sensational in Nearly There 205. I was very surprised because when I bought the lipstick it looked a lot darker than it showed up. However, a lighter, peachy golden color was the look I was going for, so it worked perfectly. Because the eye makeup in the 60’s was usually heavy and frosty colors, peach blush and lipstick is usually the best way to balance the look, which the lipstick definitely does. As for the other products, I have never tried them, but they looked like they would emulate the sixties look well, from what I can see online. I have tried the Bareminerals blush in another color and was very happy with it. I also tried the Maybelline Eyestudio Color Explosion in purple and loved the colors, however the packaging fell apart easily. It may have been just the one I got. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and what your thoughts on them were! Hope you all had happy holidays!
Here are some tips on how to replicate 60’s makeup. A dramatic eye is the trademark for 1960’s makeup. Cool, frosted colors were very in, balanced out with warm or neutral blush and lips. To incorporate 60’s makeup into everyday life, you should tone down the eyes and keep the neutral blush and lips. For night, the dramatic eye look of the 60’s is perfect.
Page 1 of 7